The following timeline proves — beyond a shadow of a doubt — that the Associated Press is working hand-in-hand with the White House and serving as a full-fledged, free marketing arm of the Obama reelection campaign.
Consider the following timeline. On 3 July, Obama Svengali (which is the title he prefers, I hear) David Axelrod tweeted the first of several messages regarding Mitt Romney’s (entirely legal) offshore investments.
How long can Mitt play hide-and-seek on Qs about his personal finances, his campaign fundraising and his plans?bit.ly/MsHXhu
— David Axelrod (@davidaxelrod) July 3, 2012
How long can Mitt play hide-and-seek on Qs about his personal finances, his campaign fundraising and his plans? bit.ly/MsHXhu
While one would expect other Democrat mouthpieces – such as Dee Wasserman Snider – to parrot Axelrod, less expected is the complete sellout by an ostensibly independent press agency.
Mitt Romney privately raised millions of dollars from New York’s elite on Sunday, as Democrats launched coordinated attacks against the likely Republican presidential nominee, intensifying calls for him to explain offshore bank accounts and release several years of tax returns…
… “He’s the first and only candidate for the president of the United States with a Swiss bank account, with tax shelters, with tax avoidance schemes that involve so many foreign countries,” Sen. [Little] Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” He’s one of several high-profile Democrats who spoke out on the Sunday morning news shows.
Of vastly more import for the American people are the following questions the Republicans have been asking since 2008, around which the Associated Press has been curiously silent:
• Why did the Obama 2008 website accept electronic donations from foreign countries? No other campaign — including Hillary Clinton’s and John McCain’s — has everaccepted foreign donations without written evidence that the contributor is a U.S. citizen. It is virtually certain that this practice allowed Obama to launder millions in illegal foreign donations through his website.
• Why did the Obama 2008 and 2012 websites both turn off all credit card security? No other campaign in history has ever disabled rudimentary credit card security checks, because such practices would permit illegal foreign contributions, over-the-limit (structured) contributions, and other criminal practices. Yes, it is virtually assured that the Obama campaigns have laundered millions in illegal contributions through these methods.
• And speaking of offshore, why did Barack Obama list his birthplace as Kenya to market his books? Was it simply to appear more exotic for prospective publishers?
• And as for foreign investments, why was the Obama campaign raising money in France last week? Are all of those contributions being vetted for legality?
• And is Obama hiding his college transcripts because he used foreign-student status to gain admission to prestigious Ivy League schools even though he confessed to being a drugged-out stoner in high school?