1. Weekly jobless claims shot up to 386,000.
2. Foreclosures are hitting our most vulnerable citizens.
3. Factory activity contracted for a second month in a row.
4. Home sales dropped a whopping 5.4% – the biggest drop in nine months.
5. Retail sales dropped for the third straight month.
6. Consumer confidence dipped to 84.7.
7. U.S. business inventories increased by .3%…
8. …sales dropped .1%.
9. Food prices are skyrocketing.
10. More Americans are getting federal disability than jobs.
Oh, and we can’t forget:
Unemployment rose in June in six of 10 battleground states that could play a pivotal role in the presidential election, reflecting job cuts in some cases and weak payroll growth in others.
But not just those 6 states:
Unemployment rates rose in 27 states last month, the most in almost a year.
And now with that horrible mass murder two days ago the media can try their best to keep gun control on the front pages instead of the horrible economic mess our President has gotten us into. They will be incessant, guaranteed. The puppet masters already sent out their orders, as you can tell with idiotic articles like these, and want to keep this issue front and center. As they tried to do with immigration. As they tried to do with Bain. But what they obviously fail to understand is that this economy is affecting everyone. From the janitor who lost his job to the business owner who can’t afford to keep that janitor.
The tragedy itself, and the victims, will be news as it should be. The politicization of the tragedy by Obama and pals should not be.