I think we’re seeing the Democrat party get a wee bit nervous:
• Former Clinton Adviser Lanny Davis Goes Off On Obama Aides: “You Have Vicious People Who Are Working For The President” – “It may be meltdown unless they come to their senses. Why would they want to create enemies, or depict people as enemies: who are their friends?”
• Clinton’s Tax-Cut Position Undercuts Obama Stance – “Former Democratic President Bill Clinton suggested Tuesday that Congress temporarily extend all the Bush-era tax cuts, undercutting President Barack Obama’s position that the rates on upper-income Americans should rise at year’s end.”
• Ed Rendell: Obama ‘hurt by being a legislator only’ before presidency – “Former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell… made his latest swipe at the president Thursday morning in an interview on CBS’s “This Morning.” … Asked by host Charlie Rose whether he thought Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton would have handled the presidency differently from Obama, Rendell responded that he thought Clinton “would’ve come in with a lot more executive experience… I think the president was hurt by being a legislator only.” Rendell said.”
• Bill Clinton On Romney’s Bain Ties: ‘This Is Good Work’ – “During an appearance on CNN on Thursday night, Bill Clinton weighed in on presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s former private equity firm, Bain Capital, which has come under scrutiny in the campaign… “I don’t think we ought to get into a position where we say this is bad work,” Clinton said. “This is good work.” … Clinton characterized Romney’s career as “sterling.”"
• Booker’s big mouth ruins relationship with Obama, Cabinet hopes – “Thinking highly of [Newark Mayor Cory] Booker, Obama’s campaign asked him to appear on “Meet the Press” on May 20 to act as a mouthpiece, but he proceeded to eviscerate one of the president’s key campaign themes… Booker told a national TV audience the president’s attacks on Mitt Romney’s record at private-equity firm Bain Capital were “nauseating” and made him “very uncomfortable.” … “He’s dead to us,” one ranking administration official said of the prevailing feelings at the White House and Obama headquarters in Chicago.”
• Deval Patrick, Democratic Governor, Creates Obama Campaign Headache By Defending Bain – “Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick ended up defending Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Thursday during TV appearances in which the Democratic politician was supposed to be serving as a surrogate for President Barack Obama. Patrick… applauded Boston-based Bain Capital, implicitly criticizing the Obama campaign’s attacks on Romney’s record at the private equity firm.”
I’m sure they are missing the Clinton’s right about now eh?
The big question now is will the GOP take advantage of their implosion? They have been on the ball so far but they shouldn’t get overconfident. Five months can be an eternity in politics.